Sunday, March 27, 2016

Middle Eastern bathing habits

It has always been a mystery to me how Iranians and Afghans bathe. They go into the bathroom fully dressed, come out fully dressed in the same clothes. Afterward there is is water over the whole bathroom floor, even if the shower is partitioned off. Yet their clothes do not get wet. I had an Iranian roommate very briefly here in my previous temporary squat in Istanbul, a mutual friend of the apartment renter passing through town. Once I walked to and out of the bathroom in just a towel and he gave me grin and said Bah Bah, like "Well look at you!" I thought maybe he was hitting on me but I think he was just scandalized and perplexed by the way Americans bathe.
My current temporary squat has great roommates but black mold in the walls that is killing me with allergies so I am doing all my work in cafes. I may ask to stay with another friend. Just 6 more days until I get a place of my own to stay until September.

No comments:

Post a Comment