Sunday, July 21, 2013

Urban Station

NB I don't know why this stupid post got moved back up to the top. Scroll down for newer posts

I think this concept would work better in New York than here in Istanbul, since there's no shortage of wifi cafe seating in Istanbul and nobody hassles you at Starbucks if you buy a 1.75 lira bottle of water and then spend the entire day sitting there working.
How it works is you pay an hourly fee ($4 for 1st hour and $3/hr thereafter) and get a place to work with wifi, free drinks and snacks, and a collection of magazines and newspapers. In New York, without a school library to work in I would be wandering from Starbucks to hipster cafe looking for a free seat before giving up and working at home. I would gladly pay for a place to stay and convince myself I was gaming the system by consuming excessive portions of tea and cookies. For the cafe, meanwhile, it solves the problem of customers ordering the cheapest drink in the house and then drinking it over the course of a couple hours while taking up space.



No comments:

Post a Comment