Sunday, July 21, 2013

Catstantinople the Movie

(click the gear on the bottom right and then 1080p for best quality)

The most dramatic episode of the morning wasn't captured on video. I followed a cat into the parking lot of the German Hospital near Taksim and was about to start filming it going about it's day when to my left there was a little thud. I looked down and a kitten had fallen from the hospital's 2nd floor terrace cafe. It didn't seem badly physically but ran back and forth a few times in front of the building looking for a way back up and then ran off. Just then a security guard came up and eyeing my camera asked me brusquely what I was doing. A kitten fell from the roof, I said with deep concern. He looked at me as though wondering if I belonged in the psych ward. I walked to where the kitten had ran and found it wedged in the space between an ATM and a wall, mewing and terrified. I pointed it out as proof I wasn't crazy and I said again kitty had fallen from the cafe and had run around and now was scared. I'll bring her back up, he said. You go away.  

1 comment: