Friday, October 10, 2014

Jesus fuck I just spent more than $100 on a bullshit foo foo dinner with a group of Doğan Media journalists. These are not your classic frumpy working class ambulance chasers.
Although the American filmmaker I had a few teas with before the dinner was telling me that film people here always invited him to the fanciest Nişantaşı cafes for $12 cappuccinos but after a while he realized they were mostly living hand to mouth but still spending big money to maintain the appearance of success e.g. when pitching a foreign filmmaker on a project. I don't think this is going on though as I don't really have anything these journalists was such they they need to impress me. This seems just to be their lifestyle.
I need sleep this is second time I've been drunk here on this trip. First time last week was much more comfortable not red wine but moonshine "boğma" ("strangulation") fig and grape moonshine that a photographer's friend had brought from Antakya.

No comments:

Post a Comment