Sunday, May 27, 2012

A few pictures

More narrative and opinion is coming soon. For now here are a few hastily-edited scans of mostly blurry and/or underexposed shots I liked.
I never noticed until seeing them side-by-side just how different the color casts of the two chromogenic (meaning processed as though color) black and white films I've used are. I like the sepia of the Ilford XP2 Super much more than the green of the Kodak 400CN. Also the Kodak somehow seems to retain less shadow detail with crazy underexposures or high contrast.




 yes a duckling
 above a brothel of transgender prostitutes, believe it or not


Mustafa
 in front of his former home




3 comments:

  1. wonderful images...how do you find/get to these places?

    [love the duck -- more cats, please!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. i meant to write, get ACCESS to these places

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I explain that I'm a student not a reporter people are usually friendly. I've only been invited into a couple homes; the other indoor photos are from workplaces and cafes.

    ReplyDelete